"Look At Me"

"Look At Me"
monotype and screenprint

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Kickstarter Promotion

What a roller coaster ride I am on.  :)  Since I hit the "launch" button for Kickstarter on Monday I have been a nervous wreck.  I have so much riding on this project.  It has become more than just a "project" to me.  It has become a living, breathing part of me.  I want so much to see it happen.  I've already started lining up the kids to be part of it.  I've been talking to their parents--some of them for a long time now.  I can't wait to start working on the art pieces!!!  I have until May 26th--45 days total--to get the donations for kickstarter.  It is an all or nothing deal.  I either make all of it or nothing.  That's why I'm nervous.  It seems like a lot of money, but Kickstarter gets 5% and Amazon.com gets 3%.  Also, with the way Kickstarter's reward system works--if you donate $50, you get a t-shirt with the "Look At Me" image on the front--I really only make about half the amount.  I am trying to promote like crazy.  It takes a lot more effort than I expected.  I'm putting stuff on fb, I'm hanging up fliers, I'm having Derek's therapists talk to AOII alums, I'm talking to old printmaking friends...anything I can think of.  I had an interview with the Kearney Hub yesterday, so I'm hoping that will help also.  A friend of mine is trying to get me on NTV as well.  I also talked in front of my church last week and plan on talking to two separate autism teams.  I'm EXHAUSTED.  I hope it is worth it.  I have met so many wonderful people so far, and I don't want to let them down and tell them the project is going to have to be put on hold until I have the funds to continue.  If Kickstarter fails, I'm going to be REALLY bummed.

In the meantime, I'm trying to continue with life as normally as I possibly can!  We went to the lake near the mission twice last week since the weather was decent.  Derek and Tyler both love to be outside.  Derek watches the birds flying and runs back and forth "flapping" his hands.  Sometimes it seems like he's trying to fly with them.  :)  He's SO happy.

1 comment:

  1. If you working on Kickstarter in systematic manner then no issue is to be occur to achieve project goal on it & because of this further project on it you can complete smoothly.

    ReplyDelete