"Look At Me"

"Look At Me"
monotype and screenprint

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ssssssnakes! :)

What a great day!  I got TWO new pieces started (that's right, I said TWO!!), Derek made a major breakthrough (more on that in a minute), I think? I added another kid to the project, I was commissioned to make an art piece, and I may have booked another art show!!  Ok, so a lot of those things are just possibilities, but I'm determined to make them HAPPEN!  I can't go into detail on them yet, since they aren't finalized, but...I'll just say that career-wise?  Today was awesome. 

Now for Derek's breakthrough.  Derek likes to paint.  Always has.  Tonight he wanted to paint.  He brought me paper and a paintbrush.  Ok.  So I got out the watercolor and cleared a spot for him at the table.  Next thing I knew he started painting lines.  Not normal.  Usually he paints in circles and in totally random places.  I have always thought it was just abstract colors on paper.  Not tonight.  Tonight he painted lines.  Then he put my hand on the paper, looked at me, and said, "Ssssssss."  That's what he says for snakes. Holy crap.  My mouth dropped open.  For the first time in 4 years, I KNEW WHAT DEREK HAD PAINTED.  My eyes filled with tears.  I've wanted to know what he's been painting for so long!!!  Today he painted snakes.  :)  Beautiful.  Absolutely beautiful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment