"Look At Me"

"Look At Me"
monotype and screenprint

Sunday, February 26, 2012

I got to meet 3 kids in the project this weekend!!!!!

I got to meet Jaxson, Matthew, and Joslyn this weekend.  I am still on cloud nine.  All three were so amazingly different, but yet each one reminded me of Derek a little.  Jaxson lined his cars up the same way Derek does.  Matthew loves video games.  And Joslyn, well when I looked at Joslyn I saw what Derek COULD BE in the future.  It gave me chills.  She is doing so well in school.  She has friends.  And she could hold a conversation with me!!! 
Joslyn.  A beautiful and smart little girl.

Jaxson is full of energy.  He rocked back and forth on his knees the entire time I was there, occasionally glancing over at me and smiling a little. 

Matthew loves video games.  The entire basement of his house has been made into a gym for his sensory needs.  There is a swing, a hammock, and a trampoline.  I think I need to do this for Derek, since our couches are getting destroyed. 

Derek played with my old Sesame Street house this weekend.  As you can see, he actually put people in the chairs and the beds.  This is AWESOME.  We had to teach him how to play appropriately with toys.  A year or so ago he would have lined all of the people up in a row.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment